Apr 04, 2014
On April 2 we hosted a live webcast of the event Uniting to Combat Neglected Tropical Diseases: A Conversation on Progress. A recording is available below.
Two years ago, the global community convened in London to hold the most significant international meeting on NTDs in history. The event galvanized major commitments from a diverse set of partners to eliminate or control 10 NTDs by 2020 – these commitments are now known as the London Declaration.
On April 2, this unique group of partners came together once more to discuss progress toward the promises made in 2012. The event was webcast live, and concluded with a Q&A during which audiences in Paris and around the world had the opportunity to ask questions to panelists including:
- Margaret Chan, Director-General, World Health Organization
- Jamie Cooper-Hohn, Chair, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation
- Tim Evans, World Bank Director of Health, Nutrition and Population
- Bill Gates, Co-chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Onésime Ndayishimiye, National Director, Neglected Tropical Disease & Blindness Control Program, Ministry of Health, Burundi
- Chris Viehbacher, CEO, Sanofi
- Moderator: Laurence Tubiana, Director, Institute for Sustainable Development & International Relations
Dr. Christian Bréchot, President of the Institut Pasteur and Hon. Marisol Touraine, France’s Minister of Social Affairs and Health will give opening remarks.
For more information, please visit the Uniting to Combat NTDs website.